LASER is an acronym for “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.” Class IV deep tissue laser therapy uses a beam of laser light to deeply penetrate tissue without damaging it. It is a surgery-free, drug-free, non-invasive treatment that is used to:
- Reduce pain
- Decrease inflammation
- Speed healing
Laser therapy can be used to treat acute conditions such as:
- Wounds- Decreases wound healing time; increase tissue healing; increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Sprain and strains- Treatment of soft tissue trauma and tendonitis; promotes healing of stretched tendons and muscles ruptures
- Back pain
- Assist with muscle and nerve regeneration
- Decrease edema (i.e. swelling)
- Assist muscle and nerve regeneration
- Treatment of arthritis: pain relief, increase ROM, reduce swelling
- Treatment of soft tissue trauma and tendonitis; promotes healing of stretched tendons and muscles ruptures
It can also be used to treat chronic conditions such as:
- Hip dysplasia
- Iliopsoas injuries
- And more!
At VRIVC, we have a Class IV Companion Therapy Laser. This laser system sends photons (packets of light energy) deep into the tissues without damaging them. The photons are absorbed into the cells and they induce a chemical change called “photo-biomodulation.”
Photo-biomodulation produces ATP or “fuel-injected” cells lead to healthier cells. This is important because injured cells do not make this fuel at an optimum rate, and as such take a much longer time to repair themselves. ATP or fuel injected cells lead to healthier cells, healthier tissue, and healthier animals!
Laser therapy is non-invasive and there are no known side effects from this treatment. No fur will need to be clipped and your dog will relax and feel a gentle warmth as the treatment is administered.